Recipe type: Entree
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 eggplant, skin on, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 12 ounces marinara sauce
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over a medium setting.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until they are soft and translucent; about 6 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and thyme to the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the eggplant is partially cooked; about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and basil, stirring to incorporate all ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes.
If you like a more ‘saucy’ Ratatouille, feel free to add more marinara!