If you feel like you’ve been fighting a battle with Candida yeast and not getting ahead, then homeopathy may be the tool you need to finally win the battle – and perhaps find your personal Candida “cure” once and for all.
Candida overgrowth is one of the most underdiagnosed and common health issues we face today. Candida is opportunistic, so when your population of good bacteria is reduced (by antibiotics, certain medications like birth control pills, chlorinated water, and too much dietary copper with not enough zinc), while you eat a diet high in alcohol or sugars and carbohydrates, this sets up the perfect environment for Candida yeast to overgrow and wreak havoc in your body. Even stress and environmental toxins can cause this imbalance.
Many people spend months, if not years, pursuing one form of Candida treatment or another, with limited results. The fact is, Candida is part of a normal, healthy microbiome, so you’re not going to get rid of all of it. The key is to create a healthy, balanced environment with Candida in check, not running the show. A lot of the treatments out there use the medical model of attacking the pathogen, rather than correcting the underlying imbalances that allowed the overgrowth in the first place. Homeopathy is gentle but powerful in its effects on reducing the Candida population while other therapies are used to rebuild healthy bacteria populations. But how do you know Candida is out of balance in the first place?
Top Ten Symptoms of Candida
There are many symptoms of Candida overgrowth, but the most common are:
- Fatigue, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Digestive issues including IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Leaky Gut Syndrome, bloating, constipation and diarrhea
- “Brain fog,” trouble concentrating, memory issues, problems staying focused
- Skin and nail fungus, including ringworm and toenail fungus
- Recurrent ear, urinary tract, or vaginal infections
- Itching, whether it’s on the skin, in the ears, rectal, or vaginal
- Mood issues, from irritability and mood swings to anxiety and depression
- Cravings for sugar, refined carbs, and/or alcohol
- Skin rashes, including hives, eczema, acne, and even psoriasis
- Allergies, including seasonal allergies, food allergies and intolerances
Many of these symptoms are general, and don’t seem specific to Candida by themselves. But, when you put them all together, they give a clear picture of a microbiome that’s out of balance, and Candida is the most common culprit. Think back on your health history for a minute – have you had a history of long-term antibiotic use, hormone birth control pills, a period of intense stress in your life, or a time where your diet was high in sugar, refined carbs, or alcohol? These are all common triggers for Candida overgrowth, and they often go overlooked because an imbalance in intestinal flora isn’t always seen as a medical condition by your doctor. Instead, it gets diagnosed as IBS, anxiety, depression, chronic hives, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or other disease that doesn’t have a cure other than long-term medication. This is where homeopathy can come in, stimulating your immune system to address the root cause of what’s really going on – Candida overgrowth.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy was the main medical therapy used for over 200 years, prior to the advent of modern medicine. In fact, many of the medical laws at the state level still specifically mention homeopathy as a practice of medicine. In fact, homeopathy was historically quite successful at treating epidemics of cholera, yellow fever, typhoid, pneumonia, scarlet fever, and influenza (the flu). Homeopathy has been used by everyone from US presidents to Mother Teresa, with good success.
There’s been some confusion over what homeopathy actually is because this word has been used as a blanket term to mean any natural therapy you use for symptoms you are having. Homeopathy is a type of medicine that has been described as “a hair of the dog that bit you” or the principle that “like cures like.” Homeopathic remedies are extremely dilute preparations that at full-strength would actually mimic the same symptoms the person is already having.
Homeopathic remedies are made using a specific process where distilled water is used in a glass bottle to make a solution that is succussed (shaken vigorously) and diluted repeatedly, until even under the microscope it looks like all that is left is water. The substances chosen to make this solution are known to cause the same symptoms the person is currently having when it’s given at full strength, but when given in such a diluted preparation, it causes the body to rise up and naturally fight whatever is causing the symptoms.
This may all sound like a foreign concept, unless you’ve had allergy desensitization shots. These injections are diluted, small amounts of what you’re allergic to, injected under the skin to change your immune response. Even though in the US homeopathy has been largely replaced by modern medicine, there are countries, like France and India, that still use homeopathy as part of their medical treatment. In the US, we now regard it as a natural remedy, but that doesn’t make it any less effective, despite the controversy surrounding it.
Fight Yeast Overgrowth and Win
Whether you’ve been fighting Candida overgrowth for years or only just now discovered you have it, use this 3-step approach you can use to get your microbiome back in balance and put Candida in check once again.
- Eat a low sugar diet. Candida will cause you to crave sugars (including fruits), carbs, alcohol, and even fermented foods, all of which encourage its growth. You need to eliminate sugar, honey, maple syrup, processed foods, sugary drinks including fruit juice, fruits, alcohol, and fermented foods. If you need a guide for which foods and drinks to eliminate, check out Ann Louise Gittleman’s book Get the Sugar Out, for a comprehensive overview of what it takes to reduce the sugar in your diet. Once you’ve reduced the Candida population and your microbiome is back in balance, some of these foods can be added back in moderation, but your tastes will likely change and you may no longer want these sugary foods.
- Use Y-C Cleanse. This homeopathic formula is safe and effective against yeast overgrowth. To stimulate the body’s own healing powers, Y-C Cleanse contains homeopathic amounts of the most prevalent yeast pathogens, including Candida albicans and Geotrichum candidum, commonly found in comprehensive stool analyses. It also contains Skatolum and Indolum, which are common byproducts of yeast metabolism, and Echinacea for immune support.Y-C Cleanse is best taken for 24 days, with a 5-day break, then repeat as needed if symptoms persist or after a course of antibiotics. You can also use it preventatively if you’ve binged on carbs or alcohol during the holidays and want to make sure yeast doesn’t return.Just a Note: As with any detoxification process, fighting yeast may create a die-off reaction, because as yeast die-off they give off alcohol as their byproduct, which can temporarily increase your symptoms. Take this as a good sign, decrease your dose temporarily, and drink plenty of clean, filtered water to help flush it through your system. You will feel much better once it passes.
- Repopulate the healthy bacteria with a good probiotic. As the yeast dies off, the microbiome needs to be repopulated and rebalanced with healthy bacteria. One scoop of our Flora-Key twice daily is recommended to get enough good bacteria in for optimal digestive health.
Whether you’ve been looking for a cover-all Candida cure, you are fighting fatigue or looking to beat the bloat, homeopathy as part of your comprehensive Candida yeast protocol may be just what you need to tame the terrain and overcome the overgrowth once and for all!