Is stubborn weight stuck around your midsection? Feeling tired and wired on a daily basis? Always catching the cold that’s going around?
In our fast-paced society “stress” is the word on everyone’s lips creating numerous problems for our bodies and minds, like adrenal fatigue. Fat that hangs on our waist or hips is just one consequence associated with adrenal fatigue and adrenal burnout. The Adrenal Stress Panel, available through UNI KEY, measures and assesses many components of adrenal gland health.
We are excited about this test! It provides a wealth of information about your individual health, and offers customized recommendations for improving energy levels, immunity, quality of sleep, slow weight loss, and signs of aging. What’s even better? It’s all from the comfort of your own home.
How Does It Work?
The process is very simple: You will receive a self-testing kit complete with 4 saliva specimen vials, instructions for collecting your saliva samples, and a prepaid shipping label for mailing your samples back to the lab. After about 2 weeks your lab work will be complete with a personalized recommendation on its way. No prescription is needed for this test, but you are welcome to share and discuss the results with your health care practitioner. The Adrenal Stress Panel is very affordable, and no blood tests compares to its accuracy. Many insurance companies also cover a portion of this test.
Saliva samples from the morning, at noon, afternoon, and midnight will be used to measure 6 integral fatigue contributors:
- Your Temporal Free Cortisol Rhythm, since those with Adrenal fatigue have flipped cortisol levels–with the highest latest in the day instead of in the early morning
- Your DHEA to help narrow down the cause of adrenal fatigue-type symptoms
- Fasting and non-fasting insulin levels because elevated cortisol leads to insulin resistance which causes blood sugar to turn to fat
- Your hydroxyprogesterone levels, which is a marker used to determine any genetic adrenal gland complications
- If you have a sensitivity to gluten, your cortisol will likely be depleted due to the ongoing inflammatory response associated with gluten intolerance, so gluten sensitivity is tested for as well
- And finally, the SIgA immune response is measured to gauge the effects of stress on your immunity, and validate the gluten sensitivity test
What To Do With The Results
The Adrenal Stress Panel helps determine exactly where your imbalances are, as well as other factors that play into the symptoms of adrenal fatigue and adrenal burnout. Results include specific dietary recommendations, lifestyle changes, and a personalized supplement plan for you to follow.
If you think you may be experiencing adrenal fatigue or adrenal burnout, please feel free to call UNI KEY and speak with one of the knowledgeable Wellness Consultants. This test may help you return to an energetic, happy, and healthy life!